PRESENTATIONS AT MINNESOTA THEATER ALLIANCE EVENTS
Creating Environments Where Adults Take Action: Preventing Sexual Misconduct, powerpoint created by Yvonne Cournoyer for a workshop as part of the 2019/2020 PAHRTs workshop series.
Policy & Practices: A Training & Conversation About Harassment in the Performing Arts, powerpoint created for a 2018 Theater Alliance panel and discussion event
HARASSMENT AND ABUSE PREVENTION TOOLS
- Template: Policy for Respect in the Workplace: A simple and adaptable policy for respect in the workplace for use by arts organizations of any budget and size.
- Template: Documenting Workplace Issues: A simple form for documenting any issues in the workplace (rehearsal room, admin office, front of house, etc.) for ongoing record keeping and/or future action.
- Viewpoint: 5 Ways to Strengthen Your Anti-Harassment Complaint Procedure by Jonathan A. Segal from Society for Human Resource Management. As employers revisit their anti-harassment policies, they also should finetune their complaint procedures. Without a robust complaint procedure that employees trust, an anti-harassment policy is not worth the paper on which it is written.
- Chicago Theatre Standards, December 2017 (downloadable pdf) by Not In Our House: NIOH is a website created to address sexual harassment, discrimination, intimidation, and bullying in Chicago’s theatre community, featuring this draft Code of Conduct.
- The Guide to Stage Intimacy Created in New York City in 2017 by three graduate acting professors and one of their former students who noticed that incidents of harassment in theater and film were on the rise, and came together to create professional guidelines for artists who work on sensitive material.
- Sample Sexual Harassment Policy by Andi Cheney for PAHRTS. Great for your employee handbook.
- Intimacy Directors International and the IDI Pillars of Rehearsal and Performance Practice Attend trainings or locate intimacy directors for your rehearsal process.
- Fair Play Minnesota Claiming equitable space for all women-trans-femme improvisers. An outside link for a great resource on how to promote a progressive and healthy workplace culture.